It has been an exhausting week, good though. Many important things have happened concerning work and family life, e.g. our son started pre school and my students came back from their summer holiday. I really was looking forward to the weekend and now it is here :) It is time to rest now.
My husband surprised me with a beautifully pink and tasty cake from a bakery! A good surprise! So, this morning I ate a perfect piece of this Alexander's cake, drank berry tea (lots of it, might I add), wore socks my friend knitted me, browsed these sewing books and was inspired by checkered garments. Some time ago I found a piece of checkered fabric that would be lovely for a tunic, I think. There is something so cosy in theese kind of fabrics.
Some days ago I finished my lilac cape. You can have a look. Please, do not mind the light - there is too much of it in some of these pics.
It is a cloudy day here today. I am smelling a hint of autumn in the air and I just love that.
I am wishing you the loveliest day!! Mine is going to continue kind of like this:
- cleaning the house with the family
- eating pasta for lunch
- going to buy onions for an onion soup
- baking something, maybe scones with our son and enjoying them (with a hot cup of tea of course)
- taking a little time for myself - maybe with my knitting needles :)
- having a lovely night with the whole family and after our son's bedtime with my husband. We were planning to have a tv-night with netflix.