Pages

Aug 11, 2013

Gratitude Sunday






I really enjoy my visits in inspirational blogs. One of my favourites is Vibeke's A Butterfly in my hair and it was there where I found this idea of a Gratitude Sunday. Vibeke tells that she tries to join in on Gratitude Sunday with Taryn and all the others over at her blog Wooly Moss Roots. I am thankful for this lovely idea for Taryn and for Vibeke who brought this to my attention.

 I started listing things I am grateful for two weeks. Those most important things in my life like my family and faith are  the same as mentioned here. There are also lots of smaller but yet very important things I am grateful for today. I am grateful for:

  • that our lovely son is going to pre school tomorrow
  • our son's teacher - she is very good with children, just so wonderful and positive person.        
  • my work and that it has started well after the summer holiday (I have a new boss)
  • the lovely snail mail and tea I got from Vibeke - THANK YOU!!!
  • the package I received from Japan on friday. Inside there were my Etsy finds - beautiful sewing magazines.
  • my new pattern book (Yoshiko Tsukiori)
  • the necklace our son made for me with love
  • rainy days. Oh, it has been lovely to have some rain after this hot, hot summer.
  • a cosy moment I had with a friend in a café. I had berry tea and a brownie and lots and lots of conversation :)
  • one of my favourite clothing shops, Noa Noa, is moving to bigger premises in my nearby city
  • last night's good sleep
  • those leaves our son picked for me -  it is a pretty bouquet. Notice that little stone in the bottom of the jar. It is part of that bouquet :)
  • aquarelle post card I found from a book store
  • my hips being a bit better this week
  • evening light and chillier nights we have had here - I can feel the autumn coming 
  • finishing a cape (I will show you that later)
I hope you have a lovely Sunday!

hugs,
Anu

4 comments:

  1. HEAVENLY photos as always here in your space, LOVE them! Happy that You liked my little tea snailmail : ) And i enjoy reading your gratitude lists.
    Wishing You the loveliest sunday and a week full of blessings,

    hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU DEAR FRIEND!! And thank you so much for that sailmail!! That tea is such a delicacy.
    I am sending you happy thoughts and blessings. Hugs too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear friend

    Just a question:
    my Belgian friend wants to sew herself the same dress as the one You have made from the japanese book. Is it a zipper in the side of the dress? We can't manage to understand through looking at the pattern..

    Tons of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dear! It is nice to hear you have a special friend with you this week. I hope you have a lovely time together.
    My students arrived today to school after summer holiday so it has been a busy and quite exciting day :)
    About the dress, there is no zipper at all (dress T). It is a loose fit dress so there is no need for a zipper. Isn't it wonderful!! The dress is very comfortable and much easier to sew without a zipper :)

    ReplyDelete