Pages

Sep 7, 2013

Morning mist








Yesterday I went to Helsinki by train. I had my knitting needles with me and enjoyed a peaceful moment in the train admiring morning mist, knitting and drinking tea. I had a piece of Scotland with me (a scarf I bought this summer) and something lovely that reminds me of  beautiful friendship (a tote bag from dear friend). My trip was work related so I barely had any free time in Helsinki but still stole a moment for myself to have a nice cup of tea and "Ellen Svinhufvud" cake here. On my way back to the train station in the evening, I popped in a tiny, little book shop called Pocket shop and found a kind of special edition of one of my all time favourites. I will show you the book later this week end.
I have catched a cold...so I need to rest a bit this week end. I am still in my pyjamas and me and my pyjamas are now going to go to a little pizza party (pizza, pepsi and free time) our family has in the living room :)
Sending happy thoughts,

Anu

ps. I am happy, happy, happy about this skirt I found some time ago. This picture is far from good quality but just wanted to show you. It is so nice to find something lovely.





8 comments:

  1. Hey there Anu, I hope you are feeling better from the sniffles ? the calm of your train trip in the morning mist is more than perfect. I like that in Finland you are already wearing tights, here it is still a bit too warm, so I have to be patient a little longer :) ...oh & I love the skirt !! is it a light denim or a knit fabric ? it is a very flattering pencil skirt silhouette that I love and would definitely wear my self with a skinny belt. Take care and feel better soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nat, I am actually feeling a little better than in the morning today. I have just rested this whole day.
      I am an autumn person and every year I get to wear tights again after a hot summer I feel so good. Let's hope you can also wear those soon.
      The skirt is actually made of jersey fabric and is so very comfortable because of that. I was surprised to find a pencil skirt that actualy fits my body shape. Super happy!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful fogy, rainy images, very peaceful. Nothing better than a piece of cake and knitting. I agree very pretty skirt and lovely drape :)
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Rainy and misty mornings are mysterious and full of atmosphere. Silence can be heard in a special kind of way when it is misty. Almost as if the mist would mute all kins of sounds.
      Thank you for the skirt comment, too :)

      Delete
  3. your space is getting cozier each post and comfortable place for me
    to come visit. i enjoy the warm atmosphere you creat here.
    more rain to come here but hope the sun is moving this way by my next day off. good night anu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me so happy, thank you dear coco. It feels good to know that you find it cosy here. I am hoping you get lot of sun and warmness today. Have a lovely evening!

      Delete
  4. Oh how lovely.... everything about this post. The peaceful photos and moments, and the skirt! So happy to have connected with you, and looking forward to visiting here often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Corinne for those kind words and for coming to visit! I am so happy too, it is such a blessing that I found my way to your blog yesterday. I am looking forward to visiting you often, too. I hope you have a relaxing sunday today.

      Delete