Pages

Sep 29, 2013

Gratitude Sunday





Today I am very grateful for:
  • my dear mother feeling so much better after her surgery! She is already laughing and knitting too :)!!!
  •  having dear warm hearted friends!!
I am overwhelmed by the generosity and kindness of Vibeke and Anna who both made me feel very special this week. This September I seem to have my birthday all over again (it is in May really :)) so many times!
Anna knitted me a beautiful cowl (I will show you later) and sent me also many wonderful surprises like this fabric with little flowers on it and Vibeke sent me this wonderful yarn combination and many other lovely  things like this Kusmi tea. My soul is singing from gratitude. I have met warm hearted and beautiful souls here in this wide blog world. I am so grateful for that.
I love presents and surprises, I really do, but do you know what I love even more? I love the kindness of a soul who is sharing from her own and wants to make someone else happy.

I am also grateful for:
  • chocolate cake I had today with the tea called "starry sky"
  • a little grocery store opening near our home- a perfect shop a perfect distance from our home. I can walk there, it is not too far :)
  • beautiful gifts I have received this week - THANK YOU!!!
  • having a lovely photo shoot outside
  • my knitting projects - two cardigans...I started a second one...
  • my visit to a yarn shop and for finding pretty yarn for my friends :)
  • a new pair of winter shoes I bought this week. I really needed a new pair from this special shop (shop for people who have leg issues)
  • my son's laughter and my husband's twinkly eyes 
love,
Anu



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really enjoy my visits in inspirational blogs. One of my favourites is Vibeke's A Butterfly in my hair and it was there where I found this idea of a Gratitude Sunday a while back. Vibeke wrote that she tries to join in on Gratitude Sunday with Taryn and all the others over at her blog Wooly Moss Roots. I am thankful for this lovely idea for Taryn and for Vibeke who brought this to my attention.
 I started listing things I am grateful for some weeks ago here in english (In finnish I have done that on and off for years in my diary). Those most important things in my life like my family and faith are the same as mentioned here. I have so much to be grateful for. We all do.

4 comments:

  1. oh dear Anu!! that's is wonderful!! I'm glad you like it and I'm very happy to share with Vibeke your joy!! Please enjoy it!!
    This combination of yarn is so beautiful what are you knitting?
    i'm going to answer your email very soon.
    Have a lovely Sunday.
    hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna!
    I am really enjoying all of this. I think that these fabric and yarn are so pretty.
    I am knitting a clean lined bolero to be worn with dresses. Let's see how it turns out. That yarn combination is soft and I am sure it is also warm and pleasant to wear.
    Happy monday to you Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, you have really knitted quite a lot already my friend!
    and
    hearing that your mother is feeling much better makes me so very happy to hear : ))

    OH GOSH, you ALWAYS takes such BEAUTIFUL photos....they are pure EYECANDY for me...
    LOVE your whole list AND the pretty fabric that Anna gifted you AND the lovely (marimekko?) pouch : )))


    be blessed my friend,
    V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am so fond of knitting with that yarn...sooooo soft and beautiful.
      And my mother feeling better and better every day makes me feel so blessed and happy.
      It is so lovely to hear that you like my photos. I sure like taking them. I only wish I had more time to take photos during the daytime. Evenings are already quite dark. Yesterday when I come back home from the grocery store it was all dark...it is so weird after the long summer time. But candle light is perfec right now!
      I have still not been able to decide what to sew from that pretty fabric. I love it!
      hugs to you my friend!!

      Delete