I really enjoy my visits in inspirational blogs. One of my favourites is Vibeke's A Butterfly in my hair and it was there where I found this idea of a Gratitude Sunday. Vibeke tells that she tries to join in on Gratitude Sunday with Taryn and all the others over at her blog Wooly Moss Roots. I am thankful for this lovely idea for Taryn and for Vibeke who brought this to my attention.
I am going to list some things I am grateful for right now. I will start from the most important things in my life and go on to those smaller but yet very important things.
I am so grateful for:
- Our beautiful boy, so big already yet so small at the same time. I am grateful about everything in him. Today he saw a caterpillar and was fascinated by it. He was wondering when it is going to be a butterfy.
- My dear husband, our family, the fact that we have each other
- My parents and them living nearby - It is such a joy to our son but also for our whole family to get to share everyday things with them
- Our home
- family life
- conversations with my mom and our trip to a nearby interior shop yesterday
- God and all the blessings we have been given this summer
- Summer vacation we had in Scotland and here at home too
- Silver Sands of Morar - the whole experience there
- true friends
- pain having been tolerable lately. Eaven if I have these unwell hips, I have been able to enjoy small walks this summer. I am so, so grateful for that!
- picnics and beach days we have had lately
- today's trip to a nearby beach, boys (big and small) were swimming and I got to knit a purple cardigan sitting on a blanket drinking cold soda
- the courage to share this little blog (happened this week) with others and actually write something in english
- my camera
- all of those little moments I have had for fotography this summer
- the fact that I am going to have a new pair of glasses
- my pink geraniums - so, so pretty!
- a meal I had with my husband at a nice restaurant this week - just the two of us
- the rainshower we got while walking to a cafe to have some dessert
- some ideas I have had lately
- self acceptance - one needs to like oneself even if one sometimes fails and does not always have the strength to change some things in one's life
- waffles my mother made (with vanilla ice cream!)
- tones of nature right now. I love the colour of fields this time of year.
- italian ice cream I had with my husband on friday - coconut and liquorice & some vanilla, too
- long showers in the morning
- knitting something I love
- feta cheese ;)
- tea times in solitude
- chocolate, dark and white - well actually any kind :)
- my slippers, so warm and cosy