Today I have been enjoying the day wearing my hand knitted summer tee I just finished knitting. In the beginning of this summer I saw this (click) and kind of fell in love with the curvy neckline. I wanted to knit a neckline like that but otherwise to have more of a work appropriate tee. Finally I ended up drawing my own pattern. After knitting the bust I changed to over sized needles to capture a more relaxed and breezy look. I am so happy with the result.
I learned that Lang Sol is a wonderful yarn to knit!! Because I am not that experienced a knitter I find these little findings very valuable. Some yarns just feel like "YES" and some not so much. This is a definite YES - yarn :)
Other reasons for happiness today:
- pairing my summer knit with an organic cotton skirt I sew in June (you can see the fabric underneath the yarn ball) and my "friendship pearls". You see, we picked them out together :) One for me and one for her. That is a lovely memory.
- ordering new yarn for a cowl. I'll tell you more later. By the way, is it just me or do you knitters have this enthusiasm about new patterns and yarn when the fall is slowly coming closer?
- getting a full basket of sweet peaches and apples from the market
- and this huge news of mine; I have got a new job!!! I loved my old one in so many ways but sometimes things one loves separately do not work together or are just too much when they are all together. That is what happened to me. My working days were way too long, my weekends and evenings were full of work (because of multiple roles and responsibilities at my work) and that just is not something at least I can live with year after year. My family is everything to me and I felt constant agony of being always at work and for that reason away from them. I was also exhausted and did not have much time for anything else either, like a social life or crafts I enjoy so much. I am going to miss my students and my closest colleagues sorely but I just needed to jump! For our family's sake and for mine too. What a blessing there was a soft descent - I got a new job just some four kilometers from our home (compared to some 50 km I used to have). I have the same aged students, teaching, counseling and administrative work but only drastically less per week. Hurray!! So this new summer tee of mine is going to see some action in August :)
3. A meadow in Mossby Sweden - oh, how I love poppies!!
7. Wall in a church at Kalmar castle, Sweden
“Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”Nora Ephron
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” Nelson Mandela
...And just wanted to say once more that sometimes you just have to jump!