Jul 31, 2013
I enjoyed making that black dress a while back. I am dreaming about another similar dress and was looking for inspiration today. It would be lovely to find the perfect fabric for my project.
Green cherry tea in my favourite cup. This was a pleasant moment.
hugs and warm thoughts,
Jul 30, 2013
Jul 28, 2013
I really enjoy my visits in inspirational blogs. One of my favourites is Vibeke's A Butterfly in my hair and it was there where I found this idea of a Gratitude Sunday. Vibeke tells that she tries to join in on Gratitude Sunday with Taryn and all the others over at her blog Wooly Moss Roots. I am thankful for this lovely idea for Taryn and for Vibeke who brought this to my attention.
I am going to list some things I am grateful for right now. I will start from the most important things in my life and go on to those smaller but yet very important things.
I am so grateful for:
- Our beautiful boy, so big already yet so small at the same time. I am grateful about everything in him. Today he saw a caterpillar and was fascinated by it. He was wondering when it is going to be a butterfy.
- My dear husband, our family, the fact that we have each other
- My parents and them living nearby - It is such a joy to our son but also for our whole family to get to share everyday things with them
- Our home
- family life
- conversations with my mom and our trip to a nearby interior shop yesterday
- God and all the blessings we have been given this summer
- Summer vacation we had in Scotland and here at home too
- Silver Sands of Morar - the whole experience there
- true friends
- pain having been tolerable lately. Eaven if I have these unwell hips, I have been able to enjoy small walks this summer. I am so, so grateful for that!
- picnics and beach days we have had lately
- today's trip to a nearby beach, boys (big and small) were swimming and I got to knit a purple cardigan sitting on a blanket drinking cold soda
- the courage to share this little blog (happened this week) with others and actually write something in english
- my camera
- all of those little moments I have had for fotography this summer
- the fact that I am going to have a new pair of glasses
- my pink geraniums - so, so pretty!
- a meal I had with my husband at a nice restaurant this week - just the two of us
- the rainshower we got while walking to a cafe to have some dessert
- some ideas I have had lately
- self acceptance - one needs to like oneself even if one sometimes fails and does not always have the strength to change some things in one's life
- waffles my mother made (with vanilla ice cream!)
- tones of nature right now. I love the colour of fields this time of year.
- italian ice cream I had with my husband on friday - coconut and liquorice & some vanilla, too
- long showers in the morning
- knitting something I love
- feta cheese ;)
- tea times in solitude
- chocolate, dark and white - well actually any kind :)
- my slippers, so warm and cosy
Jul 27, 2013
Hint of blue today. I don't know what to knit with it yet but it sure is soft and beautiful. I love alpaca because of it's pure softness and it always makes me think of clouds. Especially this blue one.
Our home is silent right now. I enjoy this peace and am going to have my evening tea (cherries and raspberry) and knit a little. Although my pictures from today are blue, is my knitting project purple - almost as if it is made of cherries and raspberries too but together with some blueberries.
I am sending you warm thoughts!
Jul 25, 2013
Yesterday I had a soothing walk quite late at night. I was charmed by natures beautiful colours and tones. I walked and walked, climed up on a hill and had some tea there with the birds. And they were singing so brightly.
"To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment." Jane Austen
Jul 24, 2013
Jul 23, 2013
Jul 22, 2013
We had some poetic moments there. I will remember that day forever. The mist come from the sea and everything was suddenly hidden inside a beautiful airy veil. We had a swim and some tea at the beach and there was a great silence around us untill we heard a steam locomotive nearby. We could almost see monsieur Poirot walking on the beach - it all reminded us from books and films.
Sweet thoughts to you,
ps. I have had a blog in finnish for several years. It is still here. Somehow last spring I felt like starting something new from a little different angle and that is how Bluebir's diaries started - at first just for me but today I decided to share it too. I enjoy everyday aestetics, so you will find here something like that. If you found your way here, I hope my little nook will nourish also your soul because that is what is is to me. A place to be creative, breeth freely and enjoy meaninful little things in life.
Our holiday was fulfilling in so many ways that my heart is full of gratitude and joy.
I got to visit at Johnstons of Elgin Cashmere heritage center in Elgin. It is an inspiring place which is established at Newmill, beside the River Lossie two hundred years ago. It is the only British Mill to convert raw material into products nowadays. They have luxury products made of wool and cashmere. Casmere fibre is shipped from Mongolia to the Elgin Mill and then transformed to products. I bought a scarf and some yarn, too. From Edinburgh I already had bought their black cashmere cap and mittens. We also enjoyed Scottish home baking there with our afternoon tea (in the previous post you can see a picture where my husband is enjoying his scone). They have absolutely adorable Coffee shop and courtyard patio in the area.
These pictures I took with my phone from the center:
Have a lovely day!
Jul 20, 2013
Need I say more? Just beautiful.
There are numerous paths one can choose in life. Why is it sometimes so difficult to decide weather to go right or left? This summer we have had too many crossroads and too many possible paths but we were so happy and blessed to find this particular one.